Sunday, February 13, 2022

Tyler Museum of Art Surprise- Images and prints from 32 years ago.

   In the late 80 and early 90s I was shooting local landscape.  Mostly 4X5 and 5X7.  The Tyler Museum of Art director Ron Gleason was very encouraging.  I had a show of these images and they included them in their permanent collection.

  Forward to current day:  Curator Caleb Bell and Director Chris Leahy still very supportive.  These came out of the vault for a show of the TMA overall collection.  I'm just a small part of that show but very interesting to see the images and printing.  Held up well enough to suit me. 32 year old prints and images. Last ones I shot with 4X5.  Humbled and pleased to be included.


My second favorite tree in the county.

Got a whole wall, and they fill it up.



My favorite tree in the world.  Photographed it until it got bulldozed down last year.  I missed it last will and will miss it this Spring.  Lots of images of it at the peak of its cycle.  Once I carried my daughter on my arm and we walked under it from the downwind side during the bloom.  I pointed out the trail of bees over us.  When we got to the tree I had her listen.  Her eyes suddenly widened as she heard the sound of 10,000 bees.




This little beauty in the background of bigger tree with chairs photo.


Happy to be near the Clyde Connells.

So much unseen work.  At the height of my powers, really, but hacking in obscurity.

No comments: