Sunday, March 13, 2022

Camera at Zero

  Buzzing around last night with a little bit of time..to do something and several somethings that could be done.  

  Decided to build a flower arrangement that has suddenly appeared.

  Several steps in finding tools, materials,  fabricating the thing.  In still life, everything in the image is something the photographer brings.  Like being god.  Since this was a new idea in a new studio, a little bit of hunting and gathering was required.  Into my supplies, tool drawer, garage can outside, neighbors yard for the flowers.  Then learning how to put it together.  


Just so.


  Also remembered the wise Rita Lombardi, (MFA), telling me that her instructor, way back in basic, had admonished them to put their camera controls all at "zero" to begin the process.  I do that, but I hadn't heard it put so plainly. 

  Good advice.

  Shot a sheet.  Changed a few things.  Shot another.  Today I tore it all down and started again.  Same photo, mostly...with changes.

  I really don't know anything about flowers.  They just keep jumping in front of the camera.

 

No comments: