Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Summer starts in the Blackfork Watershed

  We get back.  I'm slightly busted.   No business going, because I'm moving a darkroom and have a quick show deadline looming)  Before I left I'd finished printing a show for Foto Relevance in Houston.  Then I packed up and moved out of the darkroom at Tyler Junior College.  I'd been using it for several years and had printed two big museum shows there, plus this one.  Moving out is an 8X10 enlarger and two 5X7 enlargers.  Sink.  Negative files, plus, plus, plus.  All that stuff piled at Lindsey Lane.  New darkroom will be built there.

  I had the prints.  I ordered the mats.  I ordered the plex.  I had made the frames.  Now it was time to put it all together.  The mats were sloppy- (very rare from my supplier.)  300 bucks worth of  plex was 1/4 inch off.  Crazy, though that's modern life.  Every photo project has a disaster built into it.  You might as well just anticipate it's arrival with gladness.  More plex.  More mats.

  Two days of stretching and pulling got my Moab rib really singing.



  Thirteen nice big 20X24 paper prints in nice frames.  





  Then I drove them 200 miles to Houston on Monday, the 11th.  And drove home.


Stacked along the gallery wall, safe and sound!  Nice little announcement card!

No comments: