Monday, February 12, 2024

The Blackfork Bestiary @ Pictura Gallery in Bloomington, Illinois.

The Blackfork Bestiary, with some skillful curating by Mia Dalglish and Lisa Woodward, made the trip to the FAR Center for Contemporary Art in Bloomington, Indiana.  It's already been there and back again.  Very nice show.  The selection and sequencing caught me by surprise.  I didn't change a thing of their work.  Curators picked prints from the unpublished and matched old favorites in ways I had never imagined.  I felt like I was getting smarter just looking at their layout.  The majority of art folks can leave me a bit uninspired.  Was nice to meet geniuses.


Children's workshop the morning after opening.

                                                         A six-buck donut across the street.



Nice crowd opening night.





Demonstrating how you unwrap bobcats.  Or something.















Lisa Woodward, lighting guru.




With smart people.

Curators Mia Dalglish and Lisa Woodward.

 

No comments: