Thursday, November 15, 2018

Roll Film.

Last year, (or so), I bought a Fuji 6X9 with 65mm lens to shoot a specific shot at Shiprock.  I really didn't know how it would work.  I shot film with it on several trips where it was too windy or I had too many people around to break out the 5X7.  Got a chance to print and the negatives are plenty sharp.  Viewfinders are weird, but seemed to frame up OK as well.  Fun printing some roll film.

This is actually a replacement print for an image made in 1986.  Before The View Hotel was built on that ridge.  Hasselblad, 50mm and a yellow filter.  I'd forgotten this photo.  I made a print for a graphic artist friend of mine in Houston, she framed it and when one of her kids moved out she offered them any piece of art in the House...they took this.

SE Utah.

Shadow on the San Juan at Bluff, Utah.

House of the Moon, Cedar Mesa.

Looks like it's going to be just the thing if I can ever get up high enough to really shoot the shadow at Shiprock.

No comments: