Monday, June 10, 2013

Shiprock negatives.

Eight days in the desert produces a lot of exposed film.  I'm working through the boxes without hurrying or cutting corners.  About 180 shots.  I'm using Xtol 1:1 and 68 degree water.  The film is HP5 and FP4.


I unloaded and reloaded film holders every evening and in the middle of the day.  At night I waited until full dark after 9:30.  When the sun was up,  I had to have a session in the deepest shade I could find to park.  I put my arms through the sleeves of my fleece North Face jacket to block out any armhole light leaks into the bag, hung a sleeping bag over the seats to block the light and put the dark cloth over the bag.  No film light leak problems so far and I am about halfway through.

Daily dust storm.





The Salt Spot Cave.

 Leaning slab under the White Tower.

The most runs I have made in a day is seven.  The limiting factor is having to make ice to produce enough cool water.  Tap water is running about 91 degrees.  

All images iphone proofs.  




No comments: