Thursday, May 23, 2013

Working on still life.

Has to move or be in in transition in some way, can't just be a collection of objects.  I think of them as momentary still lifes.  Using the 8X10 Deardorff, one soft box, silver card reflector and light dams to control the lighting. Remembering a few tricks I forgot or haven't used in a decade.  Just getting going it seems.  Freezing things takes overnight or longer and looks like most of them are going to take several "takes" so it's several days at the least.  In art time that's just a blink.

  Here's the process on one I am working on.  It's harder on the props than you might think- I'm destroying/breaking things all the time or I'm working with something that won't last.  Broke the cup, my wishbone and had a dice get away for a while.

First day try.

Close, but no cigar.

Couple days later:

Roughed out and shedding items.




This is about the end.  Now I have to do it again.









No comments: